Our Class

Renwick 2 is a class of 26 Year 1 students. The classroom is situated in the old historic Renwick House on the grounds of Nelson Central School. There are 21 girls and 5 boys in this class and their teacher is Dianne.

Friday, 10 August 2007

The Princess and the Ogre

Once upon a time there lived a princess in a kingdom but although she had everything princesses had, she was unhappy because she couldn’t get past the gate. Why can’t I pass the gate? Because there is an ogre. The princess thought there must be a way to get out the gate. She got on her white horse and she rode it to the gate. The ogre jumped out from the rocks.
“You’re not allowed past the gate,” he said.
“Well, I am a magic princess. If you let me pass, I can get you anything you want.”
“I don’t want anything,” said the ogre.
The ogre went back to his hiding place behind the rocks. But the princess was hiding behind some trees. The night fell. The princess crept closer to see what the ogre wanted. She saw the ogre looking at a picture. She crept back to the castle. The next morning, she got on her white horse and she rode it back to the gate and she said to the ogre,
“I know what you want.”
“Nobody knows my secret,” said the ogre. “Well, I will let you past,” said the ogre. The princess rode faster than the wind all the way to the other side of the mountains. She found his son and they lived happily ever after and from that day on, the ogre let everyone past the gate.
Retold by James

No comments: